#header-wrapper { background:#ffffff URL(/images/banner.png); height:400px; width:1000px; margin:0 auto 0px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } 400px

Friday, June 6, 2014

Sugar Skull Mask #3


For those of you that are not familiar with a Sugar Skull, it is part of the tradition of “Dia De Los Muertos” or “Day of the Dead” The Sugar Skull is symbolic of this holiday and can be found in many forms from Candied Skulls to Painted Faces. In keeping with the tradition of “Dia De Los Muertos” these skulls are usually bright, happy and colorful. Sugar Skulls often have characteristics of the deceased person’s personality and favorite colors, making the Skull look very much alive and animated. I find this beautiful celebration of life inspiring and as a result have created my own version of a Sugar Skull in the form of a Mask.






Week 1






I started my Sugar Skull Mask early because I wanted enough time to to get the matching accessories together based on the color theme of the mask... this year's colors are Red and Orange.




Week 2



I liked the red and orange but thought it needed just a little more POP.

So I added in just a splash of Purple.


This One of a Kind Mask took me over 50 hours to complete, each piece was shaped out of copper wire by hand and then wire-wrapped together. All the flower were handmade individually with beads and wire and then attached to the mask, it ties on the head with beautiful silk ribbons and is meant to be worn with makeup as shown below...

Sugar Skull Mask #3 is complete!


May you always BEAD Happy! ~Cova


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, please leave comments below.