#header-wrapper { background:#ffffff URL(/images/banner.png); height:400px; width:1000px; margin:0 auto 0px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } 400px

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dragonflies



Dragonflies have always been one of my favorite insects. Every summer when I was a child, my parents would take us backpacking for a couple of weeks. It was on these trips that I developed my deep affinity for nature, I have especially fond memories of dragonflies flitting and gliding around the lush meadows of the Sierra Nevada's at dusk.
My first and only attempt to photograph a Dragonfly
Me Backpacking - Age 5 



When I first started Beading I only made jewelry for the longest time, it wasn't until I made my first Dragonfly that I discovered my love of copper wire and wire wrapping. Since then The Dragonfly has become one of my signature pieces and it is still one of my favorites to make.









Over the last year I have modified the original design to include Bookmarks, Necklaces and Ornaments.

Bookmarks










Necklace







Ornament















I'm not sure what they will morph into this year but I can't wait to find out!

May you always BEAD happy! ~Cova

If you would like to know a little more about Dragonflies, there are some fascinating facts on this website: http://www.dragonfly-site.com/meaning-symbolize.html

8 comments:

  1. Your dragon fly designs are beautiful. I have had the pleasure of watching them skimming across our pool on very hot days, they can be quite entertaining. Thanks for the link I'm off to find out more about them. Then I need to clean the house. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chris! I'm so glad you stopped by, hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. i <3 dragonflies!
    when i was growing up in fla, they would hang around as i washed the car. i would pretend i was their human leader, the dragonfly queen!
    beautiful pieces! do you make any rings?

    lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tara! Dragonfly Queen, I love it! :) I have a feeling that rings and bracelets are in the works for this year.

      Delete
  3. New follower here. Nice to meet you, Cova!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matthew, very nice to meet you! I got your email this morning and I was just on my way to introduce myself and follow you. Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  4. OOOOOO Dragonflies are my favorite. Do you sell them? LOVE THEM. Beautiful. And I love the teapot earrings in the E post for today. SO CUTE! I'm subscribing :D Happy A to Z :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Dee! ♥ I do sell them at www.cobaltandcopper.etsy.com. I'm so happy that you love the Teapot Earrings! They are a new design that I just finished to sell in a Friend's Tea Room. Thanks for subscribing, I'm off to visit you right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, please leave comments below.