#header-wrapper { background:#ffffff URL(/images/banner.png); height:400px; width:1000px; margin:0 auto 0px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } 400px

Monday, April 22, 2013

Seaglass


















Happy Earth Day Everyone!

S is for Seaglass and I have quite a few pieces thanks to my friend Larry who lives in Hawaii and collects it off the beaches for me to use. I find it amazing that something so beautiful as Seaglass starts out as trash that some thoughtless person tossed on the beach and nature turns it into a stunning treasure.


I love Sea glass because working with the different shapes, textures and flaws that each piece has to offer makes for very unique one of a kind wearable jewel.
Larry also provided me with some beautiful velvety Mgambo Seeds to make necklaces with.

I loved that this piece has the original pattern of the bottle etched in it so much that I kept it for myself!




Every Piece has its own unique character complete with chips and flaws, in my opinion this makes Seaglass the perfect material to up-cycle into wearable art.


May you always BEAD happy! ~Cova

2 comments:

I love to hear from you, please leave comments below.