#header-wrapper { background:#ffffff URL(/images/banner.png); height:400px; width:1000px; margin:0 auto 0px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } 400px

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Up-Cycle



As some of you may know I moonlight (HA! It's my day job) as a Furniture Store Manager and being the pack rat that I am, I cannot bring myself to throw anything away! This means that I have piles and piles and piles of discontinued upholstery samples in my car and in my closet and in my crafting boxes and so on and so on.


So what do I do with all these samples!? I have tried giving them away but have not had any takers so I finally designed a way to repurpose them and the Up-cycled Bracelet was born...







Using a variety of beads, vintage buttons and pretty ribbons, I have slowly been working my way through the piles of fabric. At this rate it will take years but at least some of them are now on happy wrists.

May you always BEAD happy! ~Cova

4 comments:

  1. They're beautiful! My favorite is the last one.

    Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and for your comment on my haiku. I appreciate them both. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dana! I am really enjoying your blog and look forward to tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I wanted to do Upcycling for "U" but as I only have one thing that I ever upcycled (lacking a bit in the DIY department) I thought I'd better skip it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks You! I'm curious, what was the one thing you upcycled? Thanks for the follow.

      Delete

I love to hear from you, please leave comments below.