#header-wrapper { background:#ffffff URL(/images/banner.png); height:400px; width:1000px; margin:0 auto 0px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } 400px

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Necklaces




A few summers ago my mailman Kevin stopped to chat with me while I was outside grouting a mosaic. It turned out that he was a stained glass artist and he wondered if I would like to have all the scrap glass he had no use for to use in my mosaics. I didn't think much more about it because I just figured that he was just making friendly conversation about a common interest but about a week later I came home from work to find three bins of glass on my porch.

I have been unable to make any mosaics with the glass for one reason or another so rather than have it sit in a closet collecting dust, I have decided to incorporate it into my jewelry designs. 



I no longer get see Kevin because he had to stop working due to an inherited circulatory problem. I miss our conversations, think of his kindness often and I am so happy to be putting his amazing gift to use in the form of Necklaces.
























May you always BEAD happy! ~Cova

4 comments:

I love to hear from you, please leave comments below.